Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Three Tiers for Chrysanthemums

How many times have you read Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery? 

Did you know that first book of this series was published in 1908? I didn’t until today. Talk about vintage….
















 
I have copies of the books but mainly I “swoon” over the films produced and directed by Kevin Sullivan starring Megan Follows. I have spent countless afternoons lost in story of Anne Shirley who comes to live with two aging siblings, Matthew and Marilla on Prince Edward Island.

The photos in this post remind me of the scene where Anne is asked to spell c·h·r·y·s·a·n·t·h·e·m·u·m. 





















This white flower is both delicate and hardy. As for the three tiered iridescent plate stand --not so hardy.  Sadly it broke a few months ago, but it featured my Christmas cookies at the annual cookie exchange for many years and brought me great joy while I had it. I saved the hardware and plan to create a new tier in the future using vintage non-matching plates.




















This summer I am committing to read the entire collection of Anne of Green Gables books currently sitting on a bookshelf at home. I’ll have to bake up some lemon cookies to enjoy while reading.  

Do you have a favorite scene from this popular story?

7 comments:

  1. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous and you obviously have a talent for photography. Welcome to the world of blogging and I look forward to more posts in the future.

    Make sure you sign up for my giveaway next week:-)

    xoxo
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a super cute blog and your pictures are gorgeous! Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Pretty! Like the comparison of the mum to
    Anne of Green Gabel,
    Celeste, victoriantailor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes...I love Anne of Green Gabels...being Canadian she is read by every little girl up here. Anne with an "e"...I can hear her say.

    Your images are lovely. ox

    ReplyDelete
  5. well hi- i too adored Anne of Green Gables....
    &
    i adore your photos....
    &
    cake stand...i'm sorry it broke!

    I made one from vintage plates- i think it was posted about a month ago...check it out- it may give you a very small amount of inspiration :)

    Melissa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Anne of Green Gables too! Time to watch them again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, too, have read all her books, and I re-read them all the time! Definitely love 'House of Dreams' the most right now...and I also love her other books, especially 'The Blue Castle'. I'd love to hear about other authors you enjoy...I love finding other books like this to read!

    ReplyDelete