Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Burgundy Quilted Squares and Pink Rose

Quilting is a rather emotional hobby for me. Primarily because I am a 3rd Generation Quilter, having learned most of  my skills by sitting alongside my mother and grandmother. Each quilt holds a story that is quickly brought to remembrance when snuggled beneath its heavy weight and warmth. 

I pieced this burgundy and pink quilt together with my mother. We selected the fabrics from each of our respective stashes of pink calicoes, plaids and solids.  We meticulously arranged the rows trying to evenly distribute the dark and light pieces. And of course, I finished the edges with Herringbone embroidery stitch.





























The rose below is from the petite bush in my front yard. This rose is a symbol of the buds that have yet to open as I took this photo last year. I hope you enjoys today's snapshots. Wendi

No comments:

Post a Comment