My uncle has raised cattle on his farm for as long as I can remember. His children participated in 4H activities as now do his grandchildren. Today I visited his farm just like I used to as a young girl. I went hoping to capture some photos of his spring calves and I came home with so much more.
Growing up, my sister and I would visit our father's brother's farm and find delight in feeding the cows by hand, dropping round biscuits into their sloppy mouths and giggling when our fingers encountered their prickly tongues.
![]() |
As we stood in front of the corral this afternoon, my uncle told me stories of each of the heifers and he showed me which calf belonged to each of the hungry mothers. Then came the bucket of "cookies" and again the prickly tongues...
There were so many sights to capture and the photos I am posting are just a few from the afternoon with my uncle. I'll save a few of the calves for another post.
Who do you need to stop and take the time to visit? I enjoyed the afternoon more than I can express, I hope the photos say it for me. Wendi



Great pictures. I'm sure the visit meant more to your uncle than you'll ever know. Some people don't realize that the greatest gift for people as we age is the time someone takes to visit with us.
ReplyDeleteI can agree completely with what Granny said. When you have reached a certain age, the greatest joy comes when those who are in another season of life choose to come to you and spend their time. It is a wonderful gift.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures! I just love that first one. I also love that he knows each of their stories! Thank you for the great reminder...
ReplyDeleteI love it! Farms are great!! :)
ReplyDelete