Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Cheery Pink Vintage Kitchen Linens

One thing that I appreciate about collecting vintage linens is how the items have survived over time and how they have traveled through the lives of many individuals. There’s no way to capture the stories woven in the threads of each piece but I like to image what those stories could be. For example, who was the woman that first owned these towels? How is it that they were so carefully preserved? Did she embroider them herself? Did she store them in a hope chest because they were too beautiful to use? 

I purposely use my vintage linens for everyday chores as well as special functions. Pink embroidered tea towels bring such charm to any task whether I am working in the kitchen by myself or I am hosting a holiday gathering.

Lay up lovely linens for yourself and you will always have pretty tools to keep a smile on your face while you’re drying the dishes!






3 comments:

  1. These are so lovely and as usual, your photography is gorgeous! I am inspired to hunt down some pretty pink towels for my kitchen! They would certainly make doing the dishes more fun!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in agreement, Vintage Linens are a delightful collectible and are still affordable while being useful and as beautiful as ever! My largest collection is in fact my Vintage Linen collection and we use ours all the time also. Your linens are lovely!

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I have to ask... did you get some Watermelon to go with those lucious Raspberries? *winks* Thanks for stopping by my Blog and leaving a sweet comment...

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete