Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Cups and Treasures


What is it that fills your cup? 

Each day is a new opportunity to have our "cups" (our souls) filled to overflowing with good things. Furthermore, today is a prime occasion to pour out good things into the "cups" of others. 

Our words are tiny morsels that can be used to stir up love, joy, strength and compassion.  Pleasant words have the potential to act as little treasures which continue to bring us hope long after they are spoken.  

Are your words uplifting, encouraging? 

How about the words that others are speaking into your life? Perhaps we can judge the quality of words by the fruit that springs forth once those words take root within our souls. 

When I need a little boost, I find a favorite verse from the Bible and speak it aloud, which in turn, fills my cup with living power that promises to edify and lift me up. “The words of the LORD are pure words, Like silver tried in the furnace of the earth, Purified seven times”. (Psalms 12:6 NKJ)

Take the time to speak kind words into the “cup” of someone you care about. You never know, it may be the treasure they are looking for. 




























May your day and your CUPS be filled with good things!
“Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.”  (Proverbs 16: 24 NIV)

3 comments:

  1. Hello Wendi!
    I love this post, it's SO positive!!! :)))
    Your blog is so pretty, so uplifting, and your photos are so fresh and beautiful :)))
    (can you tell it all brings a smile to my face?)
    :)))
    Thank you for sharing your beauty with all of us here in blogland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up at Fancy Friday! I'm your newest follower on Google.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. Your blog is very pretty. Visiting from a blog hop! Hope you can come see me too at http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete