I hunkered in at home today to bake some of my Christmas favorites. I grew up frosting sugar cookies with my grandmother but the recipe I use now came for a church cookbook, compiled by our youth group back in the 90's. I did not create the sugar cookie recipe but in the spirit of sharing what is good, I hope the original author won't mind. I also baked some peppermint/white chocolate cookies from a 2005 Better Homes and Garden Christmas Cookies Magazine.
3 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1 egg, unbeaten
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
Sift flour, salt and soda together. Beat butter, egg, sugar and vanilla. Add sour cream and dry ingredients. Beat one minute. Roll out 1/4 inch thick. Cut out with cookie cutters. Bake at 425 degrees for about 6-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Now I do use my own cream cheese frosting made from butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. I always add a splash of lemon juice to my yellow frosting. I hope someday you'll try these because I know you will think they are the best ever!


Thanks for sharing... I will add these to my list of things I want to try!
ReplyDelete