Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Pyramid and Russian Wooden Santa

I received a wonderful gift from a co-worker who recently traveled abroad and brought me an authentic German Christmas Pyramid. At least that is what I think this item is called. She specifically selected a design that had a shepherd and some sheep because she is very familiar of my fondness of these woolly creatures. In the spirit of foreign delights, I added a snapshot of a lovely wooden Santa that came to me from Russia. These beautiful items are lovely tokens that remind me of the kindness of those who gave them to me. What I forgot to mention earlier is that the small Christmas wall hanging behind the pyramid is one of my mother's creations. She was such a wonderful quilter and I love bringing out her Christmas quilts each holiday season. 


I was so tickled to receive such a lovely gifts and I hope you enjoy the following snapshots. 

Merry Christmas to all my blog friends. I look forward to the upcoming posts in 2012. 





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift! I hope you had a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, indeed, you have an authentic Weihnachts Pyramide. I have one similar which I bought when we lived in Germany. Looking forward to the pose of your Dresden Quilt!

    ReplyDelete