Nehemiah 8:10
10 Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”
One of my favorite blogs that I follow is The Farm Chicks by Serena who among so many things is a contributing editor to Country Living Magazine. This week Serena is featuring posts that celebrate strawberries. So I went through my photos and picked some strawberry snapshots to share.
As I was selecting my scripture for this Hallelujah post, I thought of a common confession "The joy of the Lord is my strength." This week I've been leaning a little extra on the Lord for strength of heart and physical strength as I am recovering from from a cycling incident. I've not been able to ride for two weeks and will most likely need at least one more week to heal.
When I went looking for the actual passage with this portion of scripture that I love, I was really surprised when I read the context of the verse. So, please take a few minutes to read all of Nehemiah 8 because it is about a group of people who gathered together to hear Ezra, the priest, read from the Book of the Law of Moses (or in other words... The Word of the Lord).
These folks were grieving as they heard the word come forth but Ezra stopped them and said "Go get something to eat, and take some food to those who have nothing prepared, stop grieving for the joy of the Lord is your strength."
Well.. this is what I am planning to do. I'm gonna read Serena's blog this week, celebrate strawberries, and bake something for someone else. All the while, celebrating the JOY OF THE LORD which is MY strength!
Blessings on each of you my dear beautiful blog friends - Maybe you could take some food to a neighbor or friend too! Wendi
Nehemiah 8:10
10 Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”



That is spectacular advice! I love how so much of what we find in the Bible is still applicable today.
ReplyDeletePS - I hope you heal quickly!! :)
Excellent advice! And your strawberries are making me crave homemade jam! :)
ReplyDelete