I've been saving this photo for a very special summer post and TODAY felt like the perfect day to go for a little ride. This bicycle belonged to my mother and it is so special to me. It is so much fun to take a little cruise around the neighborhood peeking in on the neighbors' roses, sweet pea vines and marigolds.
Large leafy trees shade the road as I venture out to take in the summer delights. My neighborhood is surrounded by public parks which bring so much joy to me and many others in our town. Paths wind through carpets of green grass, wooden bridges carry me across stinky ponds and whimsical bronze sculptures almost wink at me as I pass by.
I hope you take the time to enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face today. There are few greater simple pleasures.
Large leafy trees shade the road as I venture out to take in the summer delights. My neighborhood is surrounded by public parks which bring so much joy to me and many others in our town. Paths wind through carpets of green grass, wooden bridges carry me across stinky ponds and whimsical bronze sculptures almost wink at me as I pass by.
I hope you take the time to enjoy the warmth of the sun on your face today. There are few greater simple pleasures.
Psalm 40:1-3
1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the LORD.
And He inclined to me and heard my cry.
2 He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay,
And He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God;
Many will see and fear
And will trust in the LORD.



Your green bicycle reminds me of my green Schwinn bicycle that I grew up with. Mine needs a little restoration so I could ride her again. What a sweet and summery post.
ReplyDeleteDanielle
Sounds like a lovely idyllic summers day, the bike is such a special treasure!
ReplyDelete