Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow Day and Maple Oat Scones

With over 12 inches of snow by 9:00 am this morning, what else could I do but bake and sew! I pulled out The Farm Chicks In The Kitchen cookbook and for the first time made homemade scones. I couldn't believe how easy and fast this simple Maple Oat Scones recipe came together. The scones baked up beautifully!


As far as my little sewing project goes, I started piecing a new quilt this week using my large stash of Amy Butler prints. I have collected various prints from a number of her collections and they look wonderful together. I am using a pattern from a favorite quilt designer Cluck Cluck Sew called Easy Bake.  So, outside of shoveling very heavy wet snow, did I mention I live on a corner lot, this has been a delightful morning.  I promise to post photos once the quilt top is complete. Happy Snow Day! Wendi 




6 comments:

  1. I LOVE your fabric choices for that quilt!!!! Can't wait to see it finished...thanks for sharing! -Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. O my the scones look great will have to try them...Thank you so much for the encouragement I can always use that for sure...It was nice to hear from you...hugs and much love...Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post thanks for sharing...blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright and beautiful. Looking forward to working on it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look delicious, and the plate they are on is beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing your quilt once it is finished. A happy week to you.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete