One great thing about appreciating something vintage is giving the article the chance to be loved again. Perhaps the item was once new when the original owner cherished it or maybe it's been handed down from generation to generation, each time delighting the new owner with its beauty or usefulness. Then again maybe the items found their way to someone who would take them in for a second life.
The colorful plates shown below found me and although you only see three, there are actually four in the set. I call these my breakfast plates. I always pull them out on a weekend when I am fixing an omelet or some waffles. The cheerful pattern makes the morning feast all the more interesting as if dining with a friend who has a lot to say.
A funny thing about the little tea saucer here is you can't see the seam where the superglue holds the right side to the left side. When my niece was little she was visiting my "Child Proof" home and thought she would inspect the sparkly tea cup but accidentally knocked the saucer from the table. It busted into two pieces. I love the little set all the more because I remember her big eyes as they stared at me in disbelief and worry. The hug we shared is also like the glue that holds the two pieces together and made everything all right again.


No comments:
Post a Comment