Sunday, March 27, 2011

Coffee or Tea?

I enjoy drinking both coffee and tea; I switch it up depending on my mood. I think a hot cup of tea should be relished and part of a greater experience but oh how I also enjoy coffee with cream. 

Each of the items you see in this photo has a story all to their own:


















The ladder, with its peeling paint, belonged to my maternal grandfather. This ladder is as wobbly as it is old, but when it's time to rev-up the swamp cooler for the summer, it sure comes in handy for getting on top of my roof (as long as I'm not the one climbing the rungs).

The little pink espresso cup/saucer set found its way to me when a co-worker returned to his aging father's home to sort through family items endeavoring to downsize. The set included two pink and two red services, however, when my friend brought the items to me there were only three. Surprisingly, a few weeks later, a tiny brown package was delivered to me and lo and behold the fourth party was unwrapped. I hope the original owner, my friend's mother, would be happy to know that some of her pretty things found a new home where they continue to delight the soul....
 
The sneak peak of the lap quilt shows off my favorite embroidery stitch, the Herringbone stitch. Can you guess my favorite quilt pattern? It's the Dresden Plate. Oh yeah, I hand quilted this one.


1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness, how lovely all of the things in your site are...talk about eye candy! Lots of my very favorite color: Pink.

    I will be visiting to see what delights you come up with. I call these sorts of things "Irises for the Soul", a phrase that comes from a very old poem.

    God Bless much!

    ReplyDelete