Friday, February 1, 2013

Magnify the LORD!

Emotions are part of life. We know sadness and tears are sometimes the most appropriate response to a situation. But when our hearts are heavy, I am drawn even more to the side of my Lord, to draw upon His strength and to rekindle hope. To magnify Him (and his Glory) brings me comfort. One of my life scriptures is Psalm 22:3, because the Lord himself can be found in the mist of praise.  And what can be more comforting then the Lord coming alongside you when you call on His wonderful name, JESUS!
But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Jehovah is my strength and my shield; My heart hath trusted in him, and I am helped: Therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; And with my song will I praise him.

Oh magnify Jehovah with me, And let us exalt his name together.

Be thou exalted, O God, above the heavens; Let thy glory be above all the earth.

Thou art my God, and I will give thanks unto thee: Thou art my God, I will exalt thee.

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul.


This post is dedicated to the memory of a lovely Christian friend who crossed over into eternity in a moment earlier this week and also to my beloved Aunt who is struggling to stay in this world to be with her family who loves her dearly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment