Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hallelujah Sunday No. 10 - Dresden Flowers

Spring is still a long ways off here in the Rocky Mountains but hopefully you'll enjoy seeing some spring colors in my FINALLY COMPLETE Dresden Quilt. I am thrilled to have this project wrapped up and displayed on my bed (my new refurbished bedroom)! This quilt is very special, I started the flowers when my mother was living and I would sit by her bed hand stitching each flower to a muslin square. 


 I had planned to stitch more than twenty blocks but I only had enough of the treasured vintage purple fabric for the center circle for twenty. The Dresden squares were stitched together in 2004. This Fall when I was painting my bedroom, the colors inspired by the Fall 2011 issue of the on-line magazine House of Fifty, I knew I just had to finish the quilt, to add to all the new bedding. 


Now before you get too excited, I have to confess, I enjoy piecing quilts but not necessarily quilting quilts. I had help from a friend of my step-mother's who did a wonderful job with the long arm quilting. I did do the scalloped edge, sewed on the binding (bias binding - I should mention) and of course, I did all of the embroidery, which is my signature style. I hope you enjoy the snapshots and I'm so glad you stopped by to see these colorful "flowers'. 












Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh....beautiful! I'm known to be the 'Dresden Lady' because I have sold thousands of the EZ Dresden rulers over the last several years around the country. Love, love your colors on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, your quilt is BEAUTIFUL! I love the story behind it and all the cheerful colors. Your blog is soo pretty! Love the header and background. What is your next project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This quilt is wonderful. We have something in common. I don't care of the quilting part of the process either.
    I have become a "FOLLOWER" of your blog and will visit as often as my life allows.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like spring has already sprung at your house. What a great finish. It sounds like you will have great memories of your mom whenever you use it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful... I am smitten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, I really like what you've done - it's a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love your Dresden quilt and hope to make one this year. I love the colors and fabrics you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt is really gorgeous, what a great job on the dresdens & binding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did such a special job on the scalloped edge. It compliments the quilting in the border. So pleased you are pleased with the results.

    ReplyDelete